1.00 NBCC Continuing Education Credit Hours-$20
- Understand how cults use psychological manipulative techniques
- Name 3 red flags that indicate an individual is part of a family cult
- Define cult behaviors including thought reform and coercive persuasion
- Explain how an individual’s own beliefs and thoughts are manipulated by a cult
- Define what constitutes a destructive cult
- Name how power and control are used in destructive cults
- Cults Inside Out by Rick Alan Rosshttps://www.cultsinsideout.com/
- Cult Educationhttps://www.culteducation.com/culteducation.html/content-library
- Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalismhttps://www.culteducation.com/brainwashing/26424-thought-reform-and-the-psychology-of-totalism.html/
- Influence by Robert Cialdinihttps://www.influenceatwork.com/
- Cults in Our Midst: The Continuing Fight Against Their Hidden Menace by Margaret Thaler Singerhttps://www.amazon.com/Cults-Our-Midst-Continuing-Against/dp/0787967416/
- Collins, G. (2020). The psychology of the cult experience. PSYCHOLOGY, 19R58
- Galanter, M. (1996). Cults and charismatic group psychology.
- Henson, H. K. (2002). Sex, Drugs, and Cults. An evolutionary psychology perspective on why and how cult memes get a drug-like hold on people, and what might be done to mitigate the effects. The Human Nature Review, 2, 343-355.
- Kriegman, D. H. (1981). A PSYCHO-SOCIAL STUDY OF RELIGIOUS CULTS FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF SELF PSYCHOLOGY.
- Vitz, P. C. (1994). Psychology as religion: The cult of self-worship. Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing.
How to Obtain CE credit hours:
Listen to the show on your
preferred podcast platform or right on our website.
Sign up for a Therapeutic
Perspective membership account.
Pay for your CE credit hour
after you listen to a show's podcast.
Complete the quiz for the CE credit hour
podcast you purchased.
Complete the Evaluation for
the CE credit hour podcast you purchased.
Receive your CE credit
hour certificate via email after each completion.
Check Out Our Other Podcast
Tune in to listen on