1.00 NBCC Continuing Education Credit Hours-$20
- Name the requirements to serve the deaf community under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Define video relay and interpreter as it relates to the deaf community.
- Explain specific cultural characteristics among the deaf community
- Name specific adjustments to the therapeutic process that clinicians must anticipate
- Mental Health Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program for Deaf Hard of Hearing and Deafblind https://www.mncddeaf.org/
- Mental Health Assessment of Deaf Clients: Issues with Interpreters use and Assessment of Person with Diminished Capacity and Psychiatric Populations https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/270197843.pdf
- Protecting and Interpreting Deaf Culture Video by Genna Cooper: https://youtu.be/io7z5PftOU4
- Great resource with multiple peer review articles on mental health and the deaf: https://www.northeastern.edu/cali/annotated-bibliography/mental-health-assessment-and-treatment/
How to Obtain CE credit hours:
Listen to the show on your
preferred podcast platform or right on our website.
Sign up for a Therapeutic
Perspective membership account.
Pay for your CE credit hour
after you listen to a show's podcast.
Complete the quiz for the CE credit hour
podcast you purchased.
Complete the Evaluation for
the CE credit hour podcast you purchased.
Receive your CE credit
hour certificate via email after each completion.
Check Out Our Other Podcast
Tune in to listen on