1.00 NBCC Continuing Education Credit Hours-$20
- Demonstrate competency in incorporating the outdoors into the therapeutic setting
- Evaluate an individual’s progress using THRIVE COMPASS tool
- Discuss the benefits of using nature in the therapeutic setting
- Identify populations that could benefit from engaging in therapy outdoors
- Learn more from Connor Moriarty from his talk on TEDX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB1bq8X9paI
- Parkxamerica (the ‘resources’ page is wonderfully full)
- The Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative
- The Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative-Audible Link
- Reset Outdoor
- THRIVE Compass Instructions
- : Marc G. Berman, Ethan Kross, Katherine M. Krpan, Mary K. Askren, Aleah Burson, Patricia J. Deldin, Stephen Kaplan, Lindsey Sherdell, Ian H. Gotlib, John Jonides,
- Interacting with nature improves cognition and affect for individuals with depression,
- Journal of Affective Disorders,Volume 140, Issue 3, 2012,Pages 300-305, ISSN 0165-0327,
- Westlund S. ‘Becoming human again’: Exploring connections between nature and recovery from stress and post-traumatic distress. Work. 2015;50(1):161-74. doi: 10.3233/WOR-141934. PMID: 25167913.
- 20 Minutes in Nature a Day Is Your Ticket to Feeling Better, Noel Kirkpatrick https://www.treehugger.com/urban-park-feel-better-study-4864384
How to Obtain CE credit hours:
Listen to the show on your
preferred podcast platform or right on our website.
Sign up for a Therapeutic
Perspective membership account.
Pay for your CE credit hour
after you listen to a show's podcast.
Complete the quiz for the CE credit hour
podcast you purchased.
Complete the Evaluation for
the CE credit hour podcast you purchased.
Receive your CE credit
hour certificate via email after each completion.
Check Out Our Other Podcast
Tune in to listen on